Saturday 3 May 2014

About Me


About Me

Sixteen and Sydney. I'm an ABC (Australian born Chinese) student whose life is a series of homework and assignments, exams and school blazers but that's ok because I'm about 6 months away from graduation and liberation! I use my spare time (and study time) to watch TV shows, to Facebook and to sew. You could name just about every popular TV show on air right now and I probably follow it! 

I guess to describe myself, I'm a realist dreamer. I'm passionate and dedicated towards what I really want - a life in the exclusive world of fashion. I have the mentality of a realist - absolutely crazy about lists, plans and organisation! I go after what I want in a sensible way - I follow procedures and make plans to achieve goals. 

Though it's conflicting because I have the heart of a dreamer. I love to experiment, create, redefine and push the boundaries in design. In design I strive with chaos and spontaneity but in life I crave structure - I guess that's good for the business side though! I have a vision of my own label in the hopefully not too distant future but in the mean time I focus on surviving the last few months of school, partying like a m****rf****r, travelling and on my path to design school!

I'm coming for you baby :')

It's my dream to go to Central Saint Martins in London for fashion design and so I'm going to document my process, troubles and discoveries along the way. I'll talk portfolio development, my own Year 12 Textiles Major Work, my creations, visions and desires. I'll post all kinds of inspiration along with general musings on life, school, fashion and travel. I've been to about 13 countries across Asia-Pacific and Europe + US. Hong Kong isn't just a fashion capital, it's also my absolute baby! 

WARNING:
I don't follow specific designers or fashion 'genres'. I'm not a hipster or a mainstreamer, I don't value monochromes over patterns or shoes over bags. I love what I love and it's not always at the forefront of cutting edge fashion! I don't have a distinct style but I also promise it's not the typical teenage 'Show Pony' or 'Princess Polly' outfits. (I'm actually family friends with the owner of Show Pony so no offence intended there!) However I do love blazers and button up shirts but also in moderation. You'll find that my inspiration and my fashion wants are sourced from a variety of people, styles and stores so I'm sure you won't be bored.

There's not much else I can tell you about myself so I guess you'll just have to follow my blog to learn more about me as I post! 

Kisses for the misses,
Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment